April 29, 2015
CradlePoint announced the ARC CBA850 cellular gateway yesterday which includes out-of-band management.
- Cloud-managed for zero-touch deployment and intelligent management
- Out of Band Management
- Integrated Multi-Carrier Software-Defined Radio with 3G & 4G LTE, HSPA+ and EVDO modem
- Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports for simultaneous local management and IP Passthrough
- RJ45 serial console port for direct out-of-band management to connected devices
- Drop into existing network for a turnkey failover solution
- Remote management capabilities
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- IPv6 support
February 6, 2015
Cradlepoint released a new M2M gateway that will be available soon, the IBR350. This is a non-rugged indoor device, with a plastic enclosure. It is primarily targeted at ATMs, Kiosks, digital signs, and telemetry applications. Because its non-rugged, its meant for indoor stationary use only. Vehicles and mobile applications should still use the IBR600/650.
The CradlePoint COR IBR350 is also 4G LTE ONLY. There is no 3G fall back. There is also only 1 ethernet port for a wired LAN device. No WiFi, and no WAN port for a wired connection. That in mind, this is also a much lower cost device than a 600/650
Read more about COR IBR350
September 5, 2013
Trakdot Luggage™ is designed to provide airport-specific location information for your checked luggage. Trakdot™ Luggage is constantly monitoring the cellular network to determine its city location. When you fly, Trakdot™ Luggage knows and goes to sleep. Upon arriving at your destination, Trakdot™ Luggage wakes up and reports its new location. Depending on your preferences, a text-message or email is sent to you confirming that your luggage has arrived with you.
Purchase TrakDot for $49.99
May 17, 2013
Pepwave/Peplink’s Balance and Max series of routers have become enormously popular with enterprise users and networking gurus thanks to their unrivaled feature set, but their price puts them out of reach for some users, and not everyone needs all of the advanced features these routers offer. Enter the Pepwave Surf SOHO, Pepwave’s new 3G/4G WiFi router aimed at the home and small office market. The Surf SOHO offers a number of the most-used features offered by Pepwave’s higher-end enterprise routers, including 3G/4G USB modem support, failover, WiFi as WAN, QoS optimization, bandwidth monitoring, and advanced VPN functionality (“PepVPN”), but its affordable price tag (MSRP $129.99) and easy-to-use interface make it perfect for home and office users looking for a quality networking solution without breaking the bank.
May 7, 2013
Peplink introduces what they consider may possibly be ‘the World’s Easiest VPN.’ PepVPN is what builds the foundation to Peplink/Pepwave’s SpeedFusion services, which include SpeedFusion Hot Failover and SpeedFusion Bonding. Peplink’s three-tiered structure for PepVPN gives any customer, consumer or enterprise, the option to start simple and expand from there.
Starting with the first tier, PepVPN, you’ll notice it’s quite similar to IPsec VPN, but offers more benefits than your traditional IPsec VPN capable router. First and foremost, the tunnel can be set up over any IP connection. So, as long as you have a public or static IP address from your ISP on at least one end, you’ll still be able to establish a tunnel between 2 Peplink/Pepwave routers.
Continue Reading – More on Peplink/Pepwave PepVPN
August 24, 2012
Pepwave will be releasing a new MAX Router this fall called the Pepwave Max On-The-Go. If you want to be notified when the Pepwave Max-On-The-Go is available, you can signup to be notified.
Here are the features.
- Support for PPPoE
- Static IP
- DHCP WAN Link Health Check
- Bandwidth Allowance Monitor
- USB 4G / 3G Modem
- Support IPv6 Support
- DHCP Server for LAN Clients
- Extended DHCP Options
- DHCP Reservation
- Support for Dynamic DNS services
- DNS Proxy for LAN Clients
- Support for Pepwave AP Series
- Customizable Captive Portal
- Auto AP Discovery
- Auto AP Firmware Management
- AP Profile Configuration
Complete VPN Solution
- SpeedFusion Bandwidth Bonding
- Site-to-Site VPN
- Bandwidth Aggregation Intelligent Failover
- LiveSession Technology
- 256-bit AES Encryption
- Pre-shared Key Authentication Dynamic Routing
- PPTP VPN Server
- RADIUS, LDAP Authentication
- IPsec VPN (Network-to-Network)
- Intelligent Failover
- Session Persistence
- Per-Service Load Distribution
- Multiple Algorithms
- NAT and IP Forwarding
- Static Routes
- Port Forwarding
- Many to One, One to One NAT NAT Pool
- SIP ALG, H.323 ALG UPnP, NAT-PMP WINS Server
- User Groups
- Bandwidth Reservation Individual Bandwidth Limit
- Custom Application QoS Application Prioritization
- DoS Prevention
- Stateful Firewall
Download Pepwave Max On-The-Go Brochure
August 8, 2012
This is going to be a very popular rugged 3G/4G Router with embedded 3G/4G.
The need for reliable cellular connectivity is growing everyday in M2M (Machine to Machine), Telemetry, POS and travel industries. Coming soon is the new Pepwave Max BR1 unit, which will feature embedded 4G LTE, or a 3G embedded modem that supports virtually all cellular types (see below for full support). For large deployments this means you’ll no longer need to worry about which provider has the best coverage in an area, if you find Verizon isn’t working well a quick phone call and your Max BR1 can be activated on AT&T!
July 17, 2012
Apple announced that iOS6 will allow FaceTime video chat over cellular (meaning you don’t need to be near a WiFi Hotspot). However, with the latest iOS6 beta, this feature (which worked previously), is no longer working. Instead you are greeted with the following dialog:
June 27, 2012
The Wilson Sleek 4GV is now shipping!
The Wilson Sleek 4G-V has the following features:
Fast Facts About This Product:
- This repeater kit is best for: Verizon 3G or 4G users who need to boost signal to one phone or hotspot (like the MiFi/Jetpack) in a car, truck, or SUV. (can be used indoors with accessory kit – sold separately)
- All-in-One Kit? YES
- Range: N/A (device must stay in cradle)
- Compatibility: 700mhz/800mhz/1900mhz networks, which are used by most 2G/3G/4G networks in the USA (including Sprint 2G/3G, Verizon 2G/3G/4G, AT&T 2G/3G and HSPA+, Alltel 2G/3G, Datajack, Virgin Mobile, and more). If you are needing to boost signal for N-E-X-T-E-L/I-den, Cricket 3G, T-Mobile 3G, Sprint 4G WiMAX, or AT&T 4G LTE (AT&T’s LTE network uses a different portion of the 700mhz frequency than Verizon – see the Sleek 4G-A), this product WILL NOT work for you.
- Boosts Verizon Wireless® 700 MHz LTE as well as 3G & 2G cellular signals on 800 MHz & 1900 MHz
- Boosts both voice and data communications
- Provides a strong, reliable signal in weak signal areas
- Faster, cleaner 3G & 4G data transfers
- More than 20 times the power of your cell phone alone
- Simple DIY installation
- Extends battery life – amplifier enables phone to work at reduced power
- Simplifies hands free operation
- Installs in minutes – no special tools required
- Package includes everything needed — plug-and-play
- Attractive, compact design
- Adjustable arms to fit most any phone
Purchase a Wilson Sleek 4GV – 815126
Read a Wilson Sleek 4GV Review
June 13, 2012
Verizon came out with the JetPack 4620L a few months ago and now there is an extended battery that will give you 3X the battery life then the standard 4620L battery. This battery is three times bigger and comes with a new replacement door for your JetPack 4620L. Although this battery is new, there are over 80 5 star reviews for similar batteries (4510L, 2200, etc) from the same company.
More info at: Extended Battery for 4620L